Wednesday, August 13, 2014

One Sweet Find: The Striped Skirt

One Sweet Find:  5 Ways to Wear It
The Transition Piece

I snapped up this skirt not only because it's comfortable, but also because it was full of possibility.  It's a great beach skirt paired with a cotton tank top.  But it can also be dressed up rather easily with a shell, blazer, belt and clutch.  It's a great transition piece in a few ways:  1)  You can wear this skirt to both informal and slightly more formal occasions.  2)  You can wear this in warm and cool weather.    I paid less than $30 for this skirt at Target, but this would be a great higher quality investment piece since it can be worn over and over again. 

One of the reasons I first started "One Sweet Find:  5 Ways to Wear It" was basically to experiment and see which clothes were truly versatile.  Those are the pieces of clothing worth keeping in your closet.   I've drastically cleared out my closet and I'd venture to say that I still only wear about 25 percent of the clothing I own on a regular basis.  Why?  The pieces that sit there are not versatile.  They can't easily be dressed down or up or paired with other pieces of clothing or accessories easily.   Of course, you need some of these items in your closet, but not too many if you'll never wear them.    Just some food for thought...




        



No comments:

Post a Comment