Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Bridal Style

A wedding day is a cherished memory.  As many of you know, it goes by in an instant.  It's months and months of hard work for a split second.  But that split second is a piece of heaven.


Photo by:  Studio One


My wedding to Ben was more than I could have ever imagined.  I'd dreamed about my dress and every detail of my wedding since I was a little girl.  I still get chills replaying the moment in my head I walked down the aisle with my dad and locked eyes with Ben.  In the end, all that mattered was our love, our vows, and family and friends.  Beyond that, I absolutely cherish our wedding photos that captured our emotion that day.

To make those pictures perfect, celebrity makeup artist Kriss Blevens of Kriss Cosmetics made sure I looked flawless. Each day, you can check out her bridal makeup tips in my main bridal section here.


The Dress
Photo by:  Studio One

Photo by:  Studio One

When you're a bride, most people will tell you, "You'll know it's the dress when you start tearing up."  I didn't believe this.  I had a very good idea of what I wanted - a pure white lace dress and a long dramatic veil.  I wanted my look to be feminine, elegant, glamorous and ladylike.  (I think it's always helpful to define your look to narrow it down.) I'd been collecting pictures of dresses I loved and saving them online for months (and capturing them in my head for years!).   I didn't, however, expect to find the dress the first time I went out shopping.  I went to a Melissa Sweet sample sale in Boston with my dad thinking I'd just take a look at some dresses and get a few ideas.  After the fifth dress, I found the dress.  And just like everyone said, I put it on, walked into the showroom and paired it with a veil, and the tears started flowing. I knew it was the one.  It wasn't perfect yet, though.   Tomorrow, I'll share how I made the dress my own with some changes and alterations.


Photo by:  Studio One




No comments:

Post a Comment