Thursday, May 15, 2014

Bridal Style: Completing the Look

Bridal Hair Styles

I wanted my bridal hair to look like a more glamorous version of how I frequently wear my hair.   I love to part it then pull it back out of my face.   I looked through numerous bridal magazines and found similar bridal hair styles I loved.  (Now, I would use Pinterest!) I took them to my good friend and trusted hairdresser, Lauren Messina.  Lauren took one look at my very damaged hair and first devised a plan to get my hair healthy in the months before the wedding. 


I used a real orchid from my florist, Royal Bouquet, for the reception.
I wanted a different look after I took the veil off.
Photo by:  Studio One

My hair never would have looked as healthy as it did in any of the pictures if it weren't for regular glossing treatments and cuts.  We also did several trial runs, which was an excellent idea because it helped us perfect the style.  Lauren was so committed, she even came to my parents' house after one of our sessions so she could perfect the last trial run.

Photo by:  Studio One

Photo by:  Studio One

Lauren attached both my veils for me before the ceremony, which was a huge help.  She also took them out after the ceremony, fixed my hair, and then attached the orchid.  I couldn't have asked for a more committed and phenomenal hair stylist!   You can read more about Lauren here, formerly of Vibe Salon and the Loft Salon and Day Spa in Manchester, N.H.

Photo by:  Studio One


Photo by:  Studio One

Photo by:  Studio One

Photo by:  Studio One

No comments:

Post a Comment