Wednesday, October 29, 2014

DIY Super Easy Sparkly Pumpkins


I love anything sparkly, so naturally, I had to make my pumpkins shine too!  Honestly, it probably took me less time to create these pumpkins than it did to upload the pictures and post this.  (It took me under an hour to create the pumpkins.)  I discovered these ivory pumpkins and gourds at a local pumpkin patch.  I then bought some glue specifically designed for glitter (with an attached brush) and a big container of silver sparkles from A.C. Moore.  I know the pumpkins probably won't keep, but I'm hoping the sparkly gourds will keep until Thanksgiving!


I saw a picture of a polka dot pumpkin on Pinterest and I fell in love with the idea.  One problem...I am not good at creating perfectly round circles.  How did I make them on this polka dot pumpkin?  With the help of something we have a lot of...old wine corks :)  I painted the bottom of the wine corks with the glue and then applied the corks to the pumpkin.  I sprinkled glitter on the circles and voila!  I did make several mistakes, so I had a wet paper towel handy to wipe excess glue off quickly.  I applied glue to the natural lines on the small pumpkins below to create the "striped" effect you see.  The striped pumpkins and gourds are my favorite!




Newspaper is a must if you do this project!  (Actually a large garbage bag might work better so you can fold it in on itself after and collect all the glitter.)  I glittered these pumpkins on my deck.  After I cleaned up, my daughter said, "Uh oh!" because I left quite a bit of glitter behind.  I will admit, I am not the neatest person when I do a craft project but I have a lot of fun!  If you make these, I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!












No comments:

Post a Comment