Thursday, July 17, 2014

Your Style/Enhanced: My Beautiful Mother


My Role Model &
the Model for Aging Gracefully and Beautifully






This is my beautiful mother, Catherine / Cathy!   My mom has always put helping others first - me, my sister, my dad and all of her former patients.  She is one of the nicest, most loving people I will ever know in this world.  I'm so lucky to call her mom!  In fact, her love of sewing for other people is what made me love style in the first place when I was just a little girl.  My mom is also the picture of aging gracefully - naturally.  She is a former Registered Nurse who takes care of her skin, eats healthy foods and works out nearly every day as the sun comes up.  In her late 60s, I think she looks incredible.  And if you try to keep up with her on a daily basis, well...good luck!  


Her first hesitation that "No one would want to see an older woman on a style blog," really made me think.  Unfortunately, we see far too few images of beautiful women aging gracefully.  In our society of drastic face lifts, tummy tucks, and endless sculpting through surgery, youth is the ultimate prize.  If you age naturally, it appears (through many of the images that surround us) you are in the minority.  I don't think it should be that way!  We should see many, many more images of women aging beautifully.  I'm incredibly proud to feature my mom, Catherine, here on Sweet on Style.   Perhaps she will inspire other women to fully embrace aging and not be ashamed of it!  





Stay tuned, Monday I will break down exactly what we bought for an amazing price of $75 and what petites like my mom need to look for when buying clothes.  Have a great weekend!








No comments:

Post a Comment