Monday, March 3, 2014

One Sweet Find: 5 Ways to Wear It

The Blush Pink Jacket

Day 1:  Transforming My Engagement Dress

 I absolutely love this dress!  This is my second favorite dress (my favorite is my wedding dress).  It features silver lace over a blush pink skirt for a dreamy look.  I bought it at a BCBG Outlet in 2009 a few months before my now husband proposed to me.  When I saw the dress, I thought, "I'd love to get engaged in that dress!"  I honestly had little idea I actually would!  I almost wore it to a wedding instead but I don't like to wear anything even close to white at a wedding, so that saved me :)  (Below is the full engagement story.)


I've worn this dress a few times since my engagement, but I really wanted a different way to wear it.  (Plus, honestly, it doesn't fit quite the same post-pregnancy.)  This challenge of finding five ways to wear this blush pink jacket is really what sparked this combination.



Dress:  BCBG Outlet
Jacket:  Target
Belt:  Banana Republic
Collar:  Bloomingdale's Outlet
Clutch:  Target







My Engagement



July 2010 New York City / Cherry Hill in Central Park

My husband, Ben, surprised me and exceeded every expectation I had for our engagement.  The weekend of our engagement, I thought we were traveling to Boston for the Fourth of July.  Little did I know, Ben had made plans in New York City and had my engagement ring tucked in his pocket.  As soon as I found out we were traveling to New York City, I became suspicious he was proposing.  I thought he'd likely have the ring in his suitcase since I didn't think a jewelry box could fit in his pants pocket (that's where it was).  So, I was dismayed when we got on the train and he threw his bag on the overhead bin several seats away!

That night, we went to dinner at Tavern on the Green.  We sat outside on a hot July night under pastel lanterns hanging from the large trees. It was magical.  After dinner, Ben rushed out the front doors.  I wondered what he was in such a rush for - he had a horse-drawn carriage waiting to take us through Central Park.  The "driver" asked if we wanted to stop to take a picture at Cherry Hill.  That's where Ben proposed.  I was even more impressed when he pulled out my favorite jeweler's box (a wonderful friend, which made it even more special).  It was more than I could have ever imagined - and Ben is more than I could have ever imagined!




At the Phantom of the Opera the next day!



No comments:

Post a Comment